[mythtv-users] first remote button press is ignored

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Thu Jan 25 09:23:32 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-24 at 22:47 -0500, Joey Morris wrote:
> Catching up on several points here....
>
> > This is correct, mythtv uses ~/.mythtv/lircrc rather than
> ~/.lircrc.
>
> I have a ~/.lircrc but not a ~/.mythtv/lircrc. Looking through the
> source code,
> I'm fairly sure MythTV is looking for it in ~/.lircrc. This is
> corroborated by
> the observation that when I edit ~/.lircrc, MythTV responds to those
> edits.

It must be more complex than a static path then because on my myth
system (where both mythtv and irexec behave as expected):

    mythtv at iranon    :~$ grep prog.= .lircrc | sort -ub
        prog = irexec
    mythtv at iranon    :~$ grep prog.= .mythtv/lircrc | sort -ub
    #   prog = mythtv
      prog = mythtv

And indeed the code says:

    void MythMainWindow::StartLIRC(void)
    {
    #ifdef USE_LIRC
    [...]

        QString config_file = GetConfDir() + "/lircrc";
        if (!QFile::exists(config_file))
            config_file = QDir::homePath() + "/.lircrc";

So we are both right...

There's some different looking code in mythtv/libs/libmythui/, which
looks like it might be doing something different, not sure how/where
that fits in.