[mythtv-users] Issue with multiple IVTV tuners

Mark Perkins perkins1724 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 25 01:06:38 UTC 2018

On 25/01/18 04:15, James B. Huber wrote:

> On Wed, 2018-01-24 at 01:15 +0000, Mark Perkins wrote:

> So I have uniqued the recording groups in the EXTINF, no help.

But did you make unique chanid's? You can't reuse the chanid with
multiple urls (well, as I understand it). I don't think the group
matters much.

> Here is what I have found. in the mythconverg, the iptv_channel table,
> the URL column, contains the URL of whatever .m3u file loaded last. It
> would appear that myth is paying no attention to the fact there are 2
> capture cards with unique cardid's defined.

This sounds a bit like you have still got duplicated chanid.

> Switched away from zap2it, if that makes anyone happy, but that is not
> the issue.
>
> Are we saying that myth can really only handle a single iptv tuner ?

I have 13 IPTV tuners on my production backend over two separate m3u
files and 15 IPTV tuners on a test backend over three m3u files (30+
channels) so multiple IPTV tuners and multiple m3u files can work. But
all my chanid are unique.

And just to add that I don't think the problem is with zap2it, it was
just an observation that in the past similar threads had been shut down.