[mythtv-users] first remote button press is ignored

Roger Siddons dizygotheca at ntlworld.com
Wed Jan 24 18:21:12 UTC 2018

On Wed, 24 Jan 2018 11:01:34 -0600
Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am beginning to agree - I turned on "all" debugs on mythfrontend
> and it does not log any LIRC events at all, so we will not be getting
> help from that unfortunately.  Like I mentioned, I use redhat
> derivatives and do not see this issue (nor have I ever), so I cannot
> replicate it here.  The fact that multiple debian users see it though
> is another wrnech in the mix.
>
> I see 2 options -
>
> 1.  mythfrontend on debian does something odd
> 2.  mythbuntu packages have left an old setting around causing the
> issue

The code
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/master/mythtv/libs/libmythui/mythmainwindow.cpp#L2496

will silently ignore lirc events if the screensaver is "active".

That might tie in with the distro-specific nature.

Note resetting the screensaver generates an event - it does not get
reset immediately.

So if the screen is considered asleep the first press will be ignored.
By the 2nd it would have woken up.

No idea why it would be asleep when playback starts. Not being
initialised ?

You could try disabling any screensavers. It might prove something.