[mythtv-users] first remote button press is ignored

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 17:11:14 UTC 2018


On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 7:09 AM, John P Poet <jppoet at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 6:35 PM Joey Morris <rjmorris.list at zoho.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote on Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at
>> 09:28:47PM -0600:
>> > On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 5:16 PM, Joey Morris <rjmorris.list at zoho.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > > Jerry <mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com> wrote on Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at
>> > > 05:07:39PM -0500:
>> > > > One more thing, are you using the "devinput" driver for the kernel,
>> or
>> > > the
>> > > > "default" driver?  On my Fedora system, that information is in
>> > > > /etc/lirc/lirc_options.conf under the [lircd] section of the file.
>> > > >
>> > > > I've only dealt with the "default" driver and do not have
>> experience with
>> > > > the "devinput" driver.  The kernel may handle IR input differently.
>> > >
>> > > I've tried both, and I see the problem either way.
>> > >
>> > >
>> > I am unsure at this point, but I have several IR catchers, so I use
>> "remote
>> > =" lines in my lirc files so different remotes have different entries.
>> I
>> > see it is a mceusb device - are you running devinput (kernel) or mceusb
>> > (lirc) mode?
>>
>> If I'm understanding you and Jerry correctly, that's the same question
>> Jerry
>> asked. I've tried both modes, and I see the problem either way.
>>
>
> Sorry, I have not ready any previous messages, so I don't know what has
> been discussed.
>
> I once had a similar problem when I had the same IR code mapped to
> different keys in my .lircrc file.  Make sure that each key is only mapped
> once.
>
> John
>
>
I grep'ed / cut his config file and it was all unique entries.  I am truly
at a loss here.  The common thread is debian based distros which I do not
use to see if ti happens here.  Since others are having the issue with
Ubuntu, I am at beginning to go that route, but it does seem odd.  Maybe a
setting from an older version or something?  I do not know were to go since
irw does the right thing.  Maybe there is another lirc config file
somewhere that is being missed?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20180123/4c318da4/attachment.html>


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list