[mythtv-users] Error opening jump programme file buffer - LiveTV

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Tue Jan 23 00:12:36 UTC 2018

On Mon, 22 Jan 2018 17:17:33 -0500, you wrote:

>On 01/22/2018 04:15 PM, Garth Kirkwood wrote:
>>
>> My tuning timeouts have never changed, 1000ms and 3000ms respectively
>> and when you change channel it actually tunes and then drops.
>>

>FWIW, the defaults are almost always way too short.   You'd be better
>with something like 5000 or 6000 and 10000.  And, since it really
>doesn't hurt anything, I recommend you actually try it before dismissing
>the suggestion, too.
>
>Mike

Yes, stations do occasionally change the way they transmit their
signals, and can then need a longer timeout.  We have one DVB-T
channel here in New Zealand that needs a 10 second timeout.  It varies
during the day also - I had problems with it and was sure that the 7
seconds I had then set it to was enough, but still got occasional
failures until I set it all the way up to 10 seconds.