[mythtv-users] first remote button press is ignored

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Sun Jan 21 21:53:59 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 8:32 AM, Joey Morris <rjmorris.list at zoho.com> wrote:

> Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote on Fri, Jan 19, 2018 at
> 09:51:03PM -0600:
> > Run irw in a terminal.  If the 1st button press does not show any
> results,
> > but subsequent do, then your remote is to blame.  If the 1 does, then
> post
> > your lircrc file for mythtv.
>
> All button presses show results in irw. Attached is my lircrc file for
> mythtv.

Part of your lircrc file shows this:

begin
    prog   = mythtv
    button = KEY_LEFT
    config = Left
    repeat = 1
    delay  = 3
end

begin
    prog   = mythtv
    button = KEY_RIGHT
    config = Right
    repeat = 1
    delay  = 3
end

begin
    prog   = mythtv
    button = KEY_UP
    config = Up
    repeat = 1
    delay  = 3
end

begin
    prog   = mythtv
    button = KEY_DOWN
    config = Down
    repeat = 1
    delay  = 3
end

I would try removing the "repeat" and "delay" lines from just one key and
see if then that key still produces a problem.  I don't think you need
those lines.

If that works then remove them from the rest of the file.  Comment them out
with an initial # sign to be safe.  You'll probably have to log out and log
back in to get this to work, or better yet just restart your machine.  I'm
not sure when the lircrc is loaded exactly.

Note that those lines occur in quite a few places in your lircrc file, not
just the ones I quoted.