[mythtv-users] mailing list issues

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 11:28:20 UTC 2018



On 01/17/2018 09:06 PM, Hika van den Hoven wrote:
> Hoi Jim,
>
> Thursday, January 18, 2018, 2:53:45 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Hoi Jim,
>> Thursday, January 18, 2018, 2:40:43 AM, you wrote:
>
>
>>> On 01/17/2018 08:32 PM, George Mari wrote:
>>>> On 1/17/18 7:29 PM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>>>>> I think I'm having issues posting on the mailing list.  I used to use
>>>>> a .outlook.com address and I subscribed with a .gmail.com address and
>>>>> unsubscribe the .outlook.com address. Now I do see other's post to
>>>>> the mailing list, but I don't see my own reflected back to the
>>>>> mailing list.
>>>>>
>>>>> Can someone reply to this message if they see it so I'll know it
>>>>> working?
>>>>>
>>>> I see you!  ;-)
>>>> ____________________
>>> Great. It must be a difference in behavior between the 2 email systems.
>>> On .outlook.com when I'd send out an email to the list, I'd get a
>>> message from the list a few minutes later showing it went out.  With
>>> .gmail.com I don't get that message. Hmm.
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jim A
>> gmail will not let you pop mail with itself as the sender as it dumbly
>> assumes you do not want it as you already have it! So if you want it
>> in the list in your e-mail program you should on sending put a copy
>> there yourself. It's a weird gmail thing.
> You also can not pop a message you already downloaded on another
> client. It steps in the place of your mailclient doing things it
> shouldn't like keeping track of your downloads. Very annoying.
> You can sidestep this by not using the gmail smtp server to send your
> messages. I use my providers smtp server setting my gmail adres as
> sender adres. Else you must set a mail filtering rule in your
> mailclient to place a copy in the list folder on sending a message to
> the list.
>
> Tot mails,
>    Hika
Thanks for the explanation. As long as I know how it operates, I can 
always look in the Sent Mail folder to find what I originally sent.

I'll probably be quiet for a while. I have my new backend and frontends 
all on V29 and stable for now. Unless I can help someone else, I'll just 
observe for a while. I'll continue to fix typos and other mistakes on my 
blog that documents what I did so I can repeat it if necessary.  I've 
always found that if you document something, you minimize the likelihood 
of computer ghosts messing with you, since they know you can recover 
quickly.  :-)

Thanks, again

Jim A

>                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com
>
> "Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
> Zonder leven is er geen hoop
> Het eeuwige dilemma
> Zeker als je hoop moet vernietigen om te kunnen overleven!"
>
> De lerende Mens
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://lists.mythtv.org/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
> http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette
> MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org



More information about the mythtv-users mailing list