[mythtv-users] mailing list issues

Hika van den Hoven hikavdh at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 01:53:45 UTC 2018

Hoi Jim,

> On 01/17/2018 08:32 PM, George Mari wrote:
>> On 1/17/18 7:29 PM, Jim Abernathy wrote:
>>> I think I'm having issues posting on the mailing list.  I used to use
>>> a .outlook.com address and I subscribed with a .gmail.com address and
>>> unsubscribe the .outlook.com address. Now I do see other's post to
>>> the mailing list, but I don't see my own reflected back to the
>>> mailing list.
>>>
>>> Can someone reply to this message if they see it so I'll know it
>>> working?
>>>

>> I see you!  ;-)
>> ____________________

> Great. It must be a difference in behavior between the 2 email systems.
> On .outlook.com when I'd send out an email to the list, I'd get a
> message from the list a few minutes later showing it went out.  With
> .gmail.com I don't get that message. Hmm.

> Thanks,

> Jim A

gmail will not let you pop mail with itself as the sender as it dumbly
assumes you do not want it as you already have it! So if you want it
in the list in your e-mail program you should on sending put a copy
there yourself. It's a weird gmail thing.

Tot mails,
  Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop