[mythtv-users] Example of a udev rule

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Wed Jan 17 13:36:42 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-01-17 at 08:10 -0500, Jim wrote:
> Never mind.
> I found a wiki page that seems to have all that I need.
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Device_Filenames_and_udev

FWIW I notice that `modinfo hdpvr` includes:

parm:           video_nr:video device number (-1=Auto) (array of int)

so you might find using that better than using udev based renaming,
it'll reduce confusion arising from differing kernel and userspace
names for the device for one thing.

For example on my (non-hdpvr, so slightly different, but similar
enough) system I have:

$ cat /etc/modprobe.d/dvb-usb-dib0700.conf
options dvb-usb-dib0700 force_lna_activation=1 adapter_nr=0,1,2,3
options em28xx-dvb adapter_nr=4,5

Which forces one set of devices to 0..3 and the other to 4..5 without
that they would randomly swap around on boot...

Ian.