[mythtv-users] Upgrade Ubuntu 14 to 16 LTS and errors with MYSQL

Mitchell Gore mitchell.gore at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 02:59:39 UTC 2018

doing more troubleshooting.  What i have found out is this is 100% related
to MySQL network options.  if change my config.xml file to 127.0.0.1 mythtv
can connect to the database.  The issue there is my remote frontends dont
connect.

I dont understand why this wont work:

mitchell at mythtv:/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d$ cat
/home/mitchell/.mythtv/config.xml
<Configuration>
  <LocalHostName>mythtv</LocalHostName>
  <Database>
    <PingHost>1</PingHost>
    <Host>127.0.0.1</Host>
    <UserName>mythtv</UserName>
    <Password>******</Password>
    <DatabaseName>mythconverg</DatabaseName>
    <Port>3306</Port>
  </Database>
  <WakeOnLAN>
    <Enabled>0</Enabled>
    <SQLReconnectWaitTime>0</SQLReconnectWaitTime>
    <SQLConnectRetry>5</SQLConnectRetry>
    <Command>echo 'WOLsqlServerCommand not set'</Command>
  </WakeOnLAN>
</Configuration>
mitchell at mythtv:/etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d$ cat mythtv.cnf
[mysqld]
bind-address=0.0.0.0
max_connections=100

but when i change the host entry to the IP in config.xml to the
sql/mythtvbackend  IP it fails to connect.  Doesn't setting the bind
address to all 0's allow connections from any system?