[mythtv-users] mythconverg database maintenance and backup

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Sun Jan 14 12:59:23 UTC 2018


On 14/01/18 12:26, Jim Abernathy wrote:
> I know I must be missing something simple.  Yesterday I worked to get 
> the suggested optimize and backup scripts for mythconverg into the 
> cron.daily directory.  I tested each of these scripts by running them as:
> 
> sudo /etc/cron.daily/mythtv-backup
> 
> sudo /etc/cron.daily/optimize_mythdb
> 
> They both worked and I had the backup files where they should be and 
> data in the syslog and /var/log/mythtv/optimize_mythdb.log files to 
> indicate they ran okay.
> 
> This morning anacron should have run at 6:25 my 2 daily scripts but it 
> didn't and there is no indication in the syslog of it running. This is 
> what I see at 6:25:
> 
> Jan 14 06:25:01 mythbuntu CRON[11179]: (root) CMD (test -x 
> /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily ))
> 
> I again manually ran the scripts as before and they work.
> 
> Any idea on why they may not be running automatically?
> 
> My crontab is below.
> 
> Jim A
> 
> 
> SHELL=/bin/sh
> PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
> 
> # m h dom mon dow user    command
> 17 *    * * *    root    cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
> 25 6    * * *    root    test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && 
> run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
> 47 6    * * 7    root    test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && 
> run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly )
> 52 6    1 * *    root    test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && 
> run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly )
> #
> 

I'm not familiar with running things this way, but do you need to do it 
as root ?

John


More information about the mythtv-users mailing list