[mythtv-users] xmltv grabber scripts failing

Tim Draper veehexx at zoho.com
Sat Jan 13 08:37:02 UTC 2018

 ---- On Sat, 13 Jan 2018 04:12:59 +0000 Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh at gmail.com> wrote ----
 > Hoi Mark,
 > If Marks suggestions do not pan out, I would suggest presenting your
 > issues on the xmltv (xmltv-devel at lists.sourceforge.net) panel. They
 > are more versed on the perl/xmltv issues.
 > But a user rights issue might very wel be the cause. Do run
 > --configure and the grabbing as the same user as all results of
 > --configure are store under .xmltv in the users home directory!
 > Also be aware that mythtv when running --configure through there or
 > grabbing through there expects the configuration file that by default
 > is placed in ~/.xmltv is in ~/.mythtv. So either do configuring and
 > grabbing through mythtv or outside. Do not mix the two!
 >

 > Tot mails,
 >   Hika                            mailto:hikavdh at gmail.com

you've got the problem correct - permissions.
while i understand why mythtv wouldnt have permissions to /root/perl5/ dir, i dont know why it DID work, and now failing.

currently running 777 on /root/ and /root/perl5/ folders to get mythtv to run the grabber scripts. guide data is now filled up again.

so, question is now, what would be the proper way to fix this? i've no requirement to specifically run perl in /root/, and would of thought it'd make more sense in somewhere like /usr/local/share/

afaik the only perl requirement on the system is for mythtv&xmltv. (not aware of it for apache2 or KVM)