[mythtv-users] Correct setup?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Thu Jan 11 21:42:50 UTC 2018


On 11/01/18 21:05, Peter Carlsson wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 04:36:14AM +0000, Mark Perkins wrote:
>>
>>> Have I missed a step in the setup?
>>>
>>> I am on v29.0.
>>>
>>> Any help would be appreciated!
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Peter Carlsson
>>
>> Would need to see the log file of the backend starting. Either check the
>> location applicable to your distro of choice or stop the BE and start it in
>> a terminal window.
> 
> After a reboot most things seems to work!
> 
> One thing that is still a problem is that my pctv tripleStick 292e
> didn't find any HD channels which I had before.
> 
> When I bought the 292e back in 2014 the support for DVB-T2 in mythtv
> wasn't fully implemented. I recall I had to manually modify the
> dtv_multiplex db table and change the frequency to 730000000 and set
> mod_sys to DVB-T2 before scanning.
> 
> Now these values are 554000000 and UNDEFINED. Do I still have to change
> those values manually and rescan?
> 
> Best regards,
> Peter Carlsson

I believe the 292e is fully supported now, but mythtvsetup has changed 
and releases differ.  You should be able to set the frequency and DVB-T2 
from the Transport Editor, and maybe do a scan with 'links to other 
Transports' set.

That driver doesn't autoswitch between DVB-T and DVB-T2

John P






More information about the mythtv-users mailing list