[mythtv-users] Pre-recording Script?

Jon Boehm jon.s.boehm at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 19:04:11 UTC 2018

Hi

I have a very slow drive and I allow it to spin down.  One of those drives
that are best used only for archiving.  Normally its fine for recordings,
but sometimes I get failed recording because, I theorize, that I have a
buffer overflow when the drive needs to spin up AND I have multiple
recordings starting at the same time.  My recording are coming from an
HDHomerun in h264.

Is there a pre-recording script that can fire, say, 1-minute before a
recording is scheduled?  All I want it to do is touch a dummy file in the
recording directory.  I only have 1 recording directory so I don't even
need to think about which dir/drive needs to be touched.

Thanks for the help