[mythtv-users] Custom duplicate matching recording rules?

Rob bertaboy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 02:19:43 UTC 2018

Does anyone happen to have any templates for custom duplicate matching
recording rules?

I have some children's programs (e.g. Curious George) set up to record, but
don't have a great way to handle their repeat schedules.  These programs
typically air multiple episodes per day and often repeat the same episode
multiple times in a given week while interspersing other episodes.

I gave up on archiving every episode of these shows and currently have a
"Record All" with de-duping turned off and only hold onto the latest 10
recordings.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to hold onto the most
recently-aired 10 unique episodes, regardless of whether I've recorded the
episode further back in time.  Another alternative I've contemplated is
only de-duping for the past month, but I haven't seen any documented
examples where one can redefine the time-bounds of duplicate matching....

Thank you,
Rob