[mythtv-users] mythtv v29 can't connect remote frontend

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Tue Jan 9 02:19:12 UTC 2018

On 01/08/2018 08:55 PM, Greg Oliver wrote:
On Mon, Jan 8, 2018 at 7:38 PM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at outlook.com<mailto:jfabernathy at outlook.com>> wrote:

I'm assuming you have rebooted after the v29 upgrade?

As per my post https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/613497

I had to enable "Allow Connections from all Subnets" even though the frontends were on the same subnet

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Setup_General#Host_Address_Backend_Setup_.28v29.29

I haven't tried removing this setting after the initial reboot

Cheers,

Anthony

rebooted FE and BE multiple times. I just setup Allow Connections from all Subnets and rebooted.  No change. Can't get FE to connect to DB but Kodi still works on live tv and recorded tv

Jim A

I do not use Debian derivatives (like Ubuntu), but until netstat tells you that port 3306 is not listening on only localhost, you can quit fiddling with anything else.  I am sure the frontends will work just fine when they can connect to the database.

What is in the systemd logs when you start mariadb?

I could not find the systemd.  They are not in /var/log that I can find.

I wish I could figure out how to fix the 3360 port issue.  I've never had this much trouble with FE setup or BE setup.  But this is the first time I haven't use mythbuntu distro.  This is Ubuntu server with no desktop and V29, so lots of new stuff for me.

Jim A