[mythtv-users] mythtv v29 can't connect remote frontend

Anthony Giggins seven at seven.dorksville.net
Tue Jan 9 01:20:54 UTC 2018

On 9 January 2018 at 11:08, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at outlook.com> wrote:

> On 01/08/2018 07:51 PM, Bill Meek wrote:
> > On 01/08/2018 06:40 PM, Jim Abernathy wrote:

> >> In my mythtv v29 installed mariadb and put a file called mythtv.cnf in
> >> /etc/mysql/conf.d.  That file only had:
> >> [mysqld]
> >> #bind-address=::
> >> max_connections=100
> >
> > Right, mariadb is a bit different. Edit the file above and uncomment
> > the bind-address line.
> >
> > Or, if you want to follow things you'll see the 2 includes
> > below and that's the order they're read. You have to read
> > each file in each directory to really see what's happening.
> >
> > cat /etc/mysql/my.cnf

> > # Import all .cnf files from configuration directory
> > !includedir /etc/mysql/conf.d/.
> > !includedir /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/
> >
> > cat /etc/mysql/mariadb.conf.d/mythtv.cnf
> > [mysqld]
> > bind-address=::
> > max_connections = 100
> > table_open_cache = 128
> >
> so I made my mythtv.cnf have the bind-address=:: and restarted mysql.
> but no change.  I even uninstalled mythtv-frontend and reinstalled.
>
> I think it can't build the config.xml files because it can't open the
> database for the mythtv BE it found via  UPNP.  seems that's what it's
> saying the --verbose console
>
> Jim A

I'm assuming you have rebooted after the v29 upgrade?

As per my post https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/613497

I had to enable "Allow Connections from all Subnets" even though the
frontends were on the same subnet

https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Setup_General#Host_Address_Backend_Setup_.28v29.29

I haven't tried removing this setting after the initial reboot

Cheers,

Anthony