[mythtv-users] Desperate: Help with ir-keytable and IguanaIR
Tom Dexter
digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 18:11:31 UTC 2018
On Sun, Jan 7, 2018 at 12:30 PM, Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Mine is also from Newegg and is out of stock. I ordered it at least 4
>> years ago.
>>
>> https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880121003
>>
>> The remote itself has some bad buttons now and I use a Harmony remote
>> instead. The receiver keeps on going and I've never had an issue with it.
>> Newegg has similar items listed from that link -- maybe they have one that
>> will work for you.
>>
>> I've had issues keeping LIRC running when there's an update but it's never
>> been because of the receiver, and it's just taken a configuration tweak. I
>> use a slightly modified .lircrc that I got from the Mythdora days.
>> Everything just works and I have no lag that I can notice.
>>
>> I don't do any IR blasting so if you need that, I guess you'll need
>> something like the Iguana.
>>
> Yep - that's the same one I have. The remotes definitely need help, but I
> have never used one. The receivers have never failed me once though.. I
> have another that plugs directly into the USB port, but it is a little more
> painful since you need fron side USB ports for it to catch IR (or an
> extender cable), but it has never failed me either - I cannot find where I
> bought it though.
>
Thanks! I'm having a hard time determining what the actual receiver
looks like in any of those links. Maybe I'm missing something there.
Does it look anything like this?:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-IR-REMOTE-RECEIVER-FOR-HP-5187-4593-RC6-MCE-MCE2005-US-Seller/222771294573
By the way, the rc1 vs rc6 thing doesn't mean anything. Those are
arbitrary rc device numbers that depend on what devices you happen to
have. For example I have rc0 which happens to be the serial IR device.
Thanks!
Tom
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list