[mythtv-users] running mythtv-setup remotely via ssh -X

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Sat Jan 6 21:03:37 UTC 2018

Greg Oliver <oliver.greg at gmail.com> wrote:

> ... and for OSX, it does it natively.

Yes, it "just does it" - but IIRC (it's a long time since I had to install it) you have to manually add ZQuartz to you have a native X server on the Mac. Then it's just a matter of using "ssh -X ..." in a terminal window - either within XQuartz or in the native Termonal app, the latter will automatically open XQuartz.
I've found that by default the windows is too big for the screen, so I have to specify a window size with "mythtv-setup --geometry 800x600".