[mythtv-users] running mythtv-setup remotely via ssh -X

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Sat Jan 6 16:10:34 UTC 2018

So I’ve done the bit about installing a server based Ubuntu and mythtv and then running mythtv-setup via ssh -X to configure the backend so that I don’t have to have a GUI on the ubuntu server with mythtv backend running.

The problem is that I could only do the ssh -X from a Linux PC.  Is there a way to do this from a Mac or windows PC?

Also if I install XFCE on top of Ubuntu Server that would allow me to do the mythtv-setup via a monitor/keyboard/mouse and unplug them when done.  I would think that is minimal and stable if not using the GUI after setup, Right??

Jim A