[mythtv-users] combining hardware and still running mythtv

Dan Wilga mythtv-users2 at dwilga-linux1.amherst.edu
Fri Jan 5 14:48:33 UTC 2018

On 1/4/18 3:58 PM, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at outlook.com> says:
>> Problems are don’t think I can create AFP with Timeshare capability
>> on a Linux Server without a lot of work and stability issues.
> Setting Netatalk up to emulate a Time Machine server to back up a
> notebook is very easy, but indeed resulted in Time Machine reporting
> every month or two that the backups were corrupt and needed to be
> wiped and redone. Use NFS instead
> (<https://smekkley.wordpress.com/2014/01/18/time-machine-via-nfs-on-mavericks/>).

I have hit this, too. However it always seems to coincide with a major
Mac OS update on the client side. Considering the number of people I've
seen complain of this issue who are using actual Apple Time Capsules
instead of netatalk, I tend to think it's a Mac OS bug.

That said, is using NFS any faster than AFP? I use NFS-mounted
filesystems in my daily work, and it can be pretty slow--even over
gigabit Ethernet.