[mythtv-users] Linux fo mythtv Centos vs. Ubuntu

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Fri Jan 5 00:47:22 UTC 2018

So I saw some recommendations about using Centos7 for stability for a base for Mythtv backend.  I’ve always used Ubuntu based O/S like Xubuntu LTS or mythbuntu. No issues with stability, but I have not run any other server features on that PC.

How well supported is mythtv on Centos?  The wiki instructions point to using nux and the link for that yum is a dead link, at least today.  I’m building a VM to test mythtv on Centos7 minimal, but I have a lot to learn and it starts with why nux and dextop is not there.

Jim A