[mythtv-users] combining hardware and still running mythtv

Jerry mythtv at hambone.e4ward.com
Thu Jan 4 23:15:28 UTC 2018

On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 3:41 PM, Jim Abernathy <jfabernathy at outlook.com>
wrote:

> If I had any confidence that I could backup my Win10 system with Macrium
> Reflect and then restore at some point, then I could use that hardware for
> a test.  I can use some external USB drives to dump everything off the N4F
> NAS and reuse that hardware.  I’m more confident with that option.

If you have a basic Win10 system, I'd just back it up with Clonezilla.
I've done that a few times.  I have Win10 on another partition on this
machine and don't use it as much (thank goodness), but I have restored over
Samba on the network when there was a Windows issue.   There always will
be, with a cryptic error code and nowhere to turn.

Clonezilla is great and free.