[mythtv-users] Analog side of Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2205

Curtis Gedak gedakc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 16:41:56 UTC 2018

With my Hauppauge WinTV HVR-2250 I have successfully recorded from three
different inputs:

- digital ATSC Over-The-Air HDTV (antenna)
- analog Standard Definition quality (Cable TV)
- composite (connected to Video Cassette Recorder)

The firmware I used to enable the capture card is described at the
following link:

http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-install-mythbuntu1404#enable-capture-card

A description of how I configured the MythTV backend for digital and for
analog recording is described at this link:

http://gedakc.users.sourceforge.net/display-doc.php?name=pvr-install-mythbuntu1404#configure-backend

Note that many cable companies have removed the analog SD signal from
their lineups.

'Hope that helps.

Curtis