[mythtv-users] building a mythtv test system

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at outlook.com
Tue Jan 2 20:37:54 UTC 2018

I have a production mythtv system running 0.28 and want to build a
version 29 system to test out before conversion.  My production system
has a PCIe tuner and a HDHR Connect.

All my recordings are at night during primetime.  So what I want to do
is use the networked HDHR Connect on the test system during the day when
it's not used by the production system.

So my question is: Can 2 mythtv backends be setup to the same HDHR
Connect if they don't record or watch livetv at the same time.

If needed I could shutdown the test system when I'm not testing.

Jim A