[mythtv-users] Iptv

Stephen Worthington stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz
Mon Feb 26 23:33:18 UTC 2018

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 16:55:58 -0500, you wrote:

>On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 4:07 PM, Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca>
>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2018-02-26 at 15:54 -0500, Daryl McDonald wrote:
>> > https://cbclivedai5-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/567235/event2/CBOT/master
>> > 5.m3u8
>>
>> Plays here:
>>
>> $ mplayer 'https://cbclivedai5-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/567235/
>> event2/CBOT/master5.m3u8'
>>
>> or if you prefer:
>>
>> $ vlc 'https://cbclivedai5-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/567235/
>> event2/CBOT/master5.m3u8'
>>
>> I wonder how static that URL is.  I wonder if you can depend on it not
>> changing next week.
>>
>> b.

>the Idea was to record shows, like I used to do with FTA and Myth. Until I
>can enhance our antenna, I'll stream from CBC's website. Other URLs, ending
>with ".ts" at least try to tune for the 65 second time out duration.

The actual stream URLs are inside the master5.m3u8 file.  You probably
need to use the master5.m3u8 file in mythtv-setup - it will not work
as the URL in the database for a channel.  If you do this command:

wget --no-check-certificate
https://cbclivedai5-i.akamaihd.net/hls/live/567235/event2/CBOT/master5.m3u8

that should give you a copy of the master5.m3u8 file to post.  From
New Zealand, it just gives a 403 Forbidden error.