[mythtv-users] Correct setup?

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Mon Feb 26 09:16:18 UTC 2018

On 25/02/18 21:55, Peter Carlsson wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 09:19:16PM +0000, John Pilkington wrote:
>> On 25/02/18 20:47, Peter Carlsson wrote:
>>

>>> I just wanted to give some feedback since you all were so kind to give
>>> me advice. I think I finally got it all configured but since a few days
>>> back I have no longer sound on my MythTV :(
>>>
>>> So before I can feel 100% confident that the channel scan is successful
>>> I need to fix the sound issue. Any help on this problem would also be
>>> appreciated!
>>

>> Hi:  I haven't noticed any comment on this, but I have had a sound bug in
>> the past few days while doing tests that remove some transport streams.  On
>> starting playback it reports something like 'reconfiguring audio failed',
>> shows a big red cross and goes mute.
>>
>> It seems that my nvidia card is getting into HDMI2 audio mode.  Sound comes
>> back if I select HDMI instead.  In KDE System Settings that comes in
>> 'Advanced'
>
> Hello!
>
> This is the exact same behaviour I experience.
>
> I also have a nvidia card but I don't know where to see or change the
> HDMI1/HDMI2 audio mode?
>
> A few days back (22/2) MythTV was updated to 29.1 and also ffmpeg and
> libav to 3.4.2. Don't know if that can be the cause.
>
> Best regards,
> Peter Carlsson

Interesting.  I didn't know whether to blame the ffmpeg resync, a newish
nvidia driver (390.25, IIRC) or my stream-mangling experiments.  I think
it has always been triggered by starting playback of a modified HD
DVB-T2 recording (aac/LATM, again IIRC).

I doubt that Myth has internal settings for it at present;  I have an
audio devices widget in my task bar, and also in the KDE
plasma-systemsettings audio devices screen.  It doesn't survive reboots.

John