[mythtv-users] mythTV can't tune channel 56_1 in Boston, but TV and HDHomeRun app can (Gary Buhrmaster)

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Sun Feb 25 22:05:04 UTC 2018

On Sun, Feb 25, 2018 at 7:31 PM, Ken Yee <kenkyee at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Puzzling that the TV remapped the channel->freq by itself magically and
> MythTV couldn't.  The HDHomeRun app probably never saw the channel
> before it was moved, so had no problems seeing the new channel frequency...

(Some) TV's will scan the channels in the background.  I know the
HDHR5 does do so (so it will auto map/remap) on some periodic
basis (I don't recall the period being documented on the HDHR5).
AFAIK MythTV does not (yet?) have that capability if you use the
native tuners (perhaps something to add to someones wish list?).