[mythtv-users] Iptv

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 00:34:29 UTC 2018

On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 7:11 PM, Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 14:22:42 -0500, you wrote:
>
> >On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 10:15 AM, Daryl McDonald <darylangela at gmail.com>
> >wrote:

> Ubuntu
> complete
> used
> go for
> in

> it in
> HLS
> TIA

> create a
> Why

> >> "/var/www/html" oindicate that a webserver may already be setup? it is
> >> possible that previous use of Mythbuntu Control Center may have caused
> this.
> >>

> > trieli at mythtv:~$ ls -al /var/www/html
> >total 24
> >drwxr-xr-x 2 root root  4096 Feb 21 10:26 .
> >drwxr-xr-x 4 root root  4096 May 26  2016 ..
> >-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 11321 May 26  2016 index.html
> >-rw-r--r-- 1 root root    50 Feb 21 10:26 playlist.m3u
> >trieli at mythtv:~$
> >
> >Is there anything wrong with these permissions?
>
> No.  The web server can read the files, as it runs as root.  So access
> to the files is then controlled by the web server.  Which will allow
> you to access them from anywhere that has access to the web server -
> it is not set up by default with any restrictions on access.  To check
> that it is working, run this from a (non-root) command prompt on that
> box:
>
> wget http://127.0.0.1/playlist.m3u
>
> It should download a copy of the playlist.m3u file.

Thanks Stephen, that gives me this:
trieli at mythtv:~$ wget http://127.0.0.1/playlist.m3u
--2018-02-21 19:18:59--  http://127.0.0.1/playlist.m3u
Connecting to 127.0.0.1:80... connected.
Length: 50 [audio/x-mpegurl]
Saving to: ‘playlist.m3u’

playlist.m3u        100%[===================>]      50  --.-KB/s    in 0s

2018-02-21 19:18:59 (3.47 MB/s) - ‘playlist.m3u’ saved [50/50]

trieli at mythtv:~$

So maybe this isn't right?

trieli at mythtv:~$ cat /var/www/html/playlist.m3u
#EXTM3U
https://watch.cbc.ca/live/channel/windsor
trieli at mythtv:~$

If the URL that I can stream on FireFox isn't what I should use, how do I
determine what to use? Or is something else wrong with my playlist?