[mythtv-users] Logitech Harmony Hub, IR receiver, Bluetooth and Computer Wakeup

Kris J kris.jensen.knj at gmail.com
Sun Feb 11 03:17:25 UTC 2018

On Sat, Feb 10, 2018 at 6:56 PM, Rajil Saraswat <rajil.s at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a LIRC receiver and a Harmony hub. In addition i have two
> remotes, a MCE remote and a the logitech One remote which came with the
> hub. Both the remotes are working with Mythtv. The harmony hub works via
> bluetooth.
>
> My intentions are to get rid of the MCE remote. The only hurdle in the
> way is the Logitech Remote is not able to Power On the computer from
> switch off state. The MCE remote does do that. I am looking for a way of
> using the 'Off' button on the Logitech remote to switch the computer
> Off/On.
>
> The bottom of this article [1] suggests that Harmony hub can fire off an
> IR command to turn on the computer and later on bluetooth can be used to
> control it. Unfortunately, I wasnt able to reproduce it.  Does anybody
> have alternate instructions?
>
> Thanks
>

> [1]
> https://www.howtogeek.com/246670/how-to-control-your-
> home-theater-pc-with-a-logitech-harmony-remote/

I few years ago I was on the hunt to find a devise that could toggle the
power to my media PC and I came upon this gizmo (
http://simerec.com/PCS-1a.html) It works well to power on/off a pc via IR.

At the time I was only using IR to control the pc,  But now I switched to
BT via my Harmony hub. You can still set a IR code via Harmony to pc wile
using BT. it all works very well.

The only drawback is the gizmo is meant for a DIY media PC and not really a
easy way to integrate in to book sized media PC's.

Just one idea.