[mythtv-users] Frontend cannot connect to backend after upgrade from 0.28 to 29

Leo Butler leo.butler at member.ams.org
Wed Feb 7 21:57:23 UTC 2018

Justin Smith <justin at smithpolglase.com> writes:

>> My money is on not all packages were upgraded due to not running
>> dist-upgrade.
>

> Thanks Thomas.
>
> I ran sudo apt dist-upgrade just now in case you are right. But the output
> suggests all is upgraded fine:
>
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> Calculating upgrade... Done

Justin, does your backend happen to have both ip4 and ip6 addresses?

I have had a similar issue recently on my 0.28 system. It was resolved
by setting both ip4 and ip6 addresses in mythtv-setup (and making sure
the firewall was configured correctly). I had previously left the ip6
address unset, for no good reason.

pgbennet's answer here

https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?t=2277&p=11179

and some other experience, suggested to me that I should try this.

Leo