[mythtv-users] Frontend cannot connect to backend after upgrade from 0.28 to 29

Justin Smith justin at smithpolglase.com
Wed Feb 7 11:34:36 UTC 2018

> It is not a database issue. The frontend is using the wrong version of
> mythtv. Run mythfrontend --version on the frontend I doubt it reports the
> same as the backend. If it does try launching it directly, maybe you have
> two mythfrontend binaries on your system in two different paths.

Hi Mitch,

I ran mythfrontend --version (see my original email) and it reported that
the Network Protocol is 91 which is what the backend claims it wants.

I thought about the two frontend binaries cause, but the binary names have
not changed and are installed in the same folder (/usr/bin). The new one
overwrites the old.

There is a whole bunch of files under .mythtv/cache/mythfrontend-<host>. I
wonder if this is causing something funny... Can they be deleted?

Cheers,
Justin.