[mythtv-users] back to back mythtv updates??

Jim Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 1 12:10:03 UTC 2018

I was doing some maintenance  unrelated to mythtv on the server that
runs my mythbackend yesterday morning.  I noticed that I had a lot of
packages needing updates including the mythtv suite. This was the first
update I've had on mythtv v29 is a while.  I did the upgrade and
rebooting figuring I was done for a while.  This morning I could not get
my frontends to connect and found the backend not working.  Several
kernel crashes in the log.  I rebooted and paid a lot of attention to
the backend server and saw that it had another update needing to be done
for mythtv.

Did something happen that was caught in yesterdays update that had to be
redone/fixed in today's??

Jim A