[mythtv-users] Calling all lirc gurus

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 10:40:17 UTC 2018

On 25/12/18 00:07, Doug Scoular (dscoular) wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> On 23/12/18, 9:41 pm, Alec quoth thusly:
>> If you used to use the default driver i. e. if you had a working
>> lircd.conf file it might make sense to use the default driver instead.
>> This way you should completely bypass the kernel decoding and could only
>> blame lirc.
>
> 	Thanks for confirming that the "default" lirc driver should
> 	bypass the kernel decoding. I think that is what I want.
> 	However, when I do this by changing the lirc_options.conf
> 	file and reboot:

> After remapping:
> # ir-keytable -r|grep KEY_SLEEP
> Enabled protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-6
> # ir-keytable -r|grep KEY_TV
> Enabled protocols: lirc rc-5 rc-6

hm... seems that you have multiple protocols enabled in the kernel. This
part of the kernel interfaces seems far from stable, once upon a time
enabling the lirc protocol disabled the others.

What  happens if you disable all protocols besides lirc using something
like:

    # echo -- -rc-5 > /sys/class/rc/rc0/protocols

Sorry, this is from te top of my head -- I'm on the Swedish countryside
by the Polar Circle enjoying Xmas. Here are no IR controls whatsoever,
but plenty of snow and a strengthening -20 degrees C. Merry  Xmas!

--alec