[mythtv-users] empty records

Klaus Becker colonius at free.fr
Sun Dec 23 16:56:53 UTC 2018

Le 23/12/2018 à 15:12, Ian Cameron a écrit :
> On Sun, 23 Dec 2018 at 11:14, Mike Perkins <mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
> <mailto:mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk>> wrote:
>
>     On 23/12/2018 10:58, Ian Cameron wrote:
>      >   I wondered about adding that too, but I thought the 'killall
>     -9' would
>      > probably do the job!
>
>     The 'killall' will nuke any backends still running, but there are
>     other processes in there which
>     start with 'myth*', like frontend, for example, thumbnail creation
>     jobs or media lookup jobs. Having
>     some or all of those around may make it harder to weork out what is
>     happening.
>

> A fair point.
>
> Cheers, Ian

Hi Ian and evebody.
I use mythtv on 2 computers, but I have only 1 tuner pn usbstick.

Sometimes when booting a computer I forget to put the usbstick on the
right machine and then after starting the computer, frontend tells me
that there is a problem with backend. Backend has not been started
automatically because it could not find the tuner.

In this case, after connecting the tuner, I do:

# systemctl stop mythtv-backend
# systemctl start mythtv-backend
# systemctl status mythtv-backend

Normally the backend is active now. So I return to see what the frontend
says. Sometimes the error message has disappeared, but not always.

If there is still the error message, I reboot my machine and then the
backend starts automatically and frontend no more complains.

In the moment I have:

$ ps ax | grep -i myth*
  4747 pts/3    S+     0:00 grep -i myth*
  7957 ?        Ssl   15:32 /usr/bin/mythbackend --daemon --pidfile
/var/run/mythtv/mythbackend.pid

Seems correct.

For the moment, my computer runs day and night and there should be no
problem. Next time I reboot it, I shall first regard if tere is more
than 1 mythtv process running and in this case, I know what to do now.

If my problem persists, I shall tell you.

thanks very much for help

Klaus