[mythtv-users] Artifacts

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sun Dec 23 03:02:45 UTC 2018

Hi
because some of our channels have been playing games with their names I dropped all channels and rescanned.

All good EXCEPT many channels, specially HD channels, are plagued with artifacts and chirps and squeeks typical of poor signal quality.
I checked frequency in sql table channelscan_dtv_multiplex and they are identical.
I restored old db with mythconverg_restore.pl and problem is totally gone.

What can I say or not say to the db that will affect tuning. The stations are correct just apparant signal strength is bad.

I stress NO hardware or software changes or conections are changed in any way ONLY mythconverg DB changes.
Whatcould be happening?

James