[mythtv-users] Fwd: Re: Hauppauge HD-PVR2 / Colossus2 support

John P Poet jppoet at gmail.com
Sat Dec 22 18:26:58 UTC 2018

For those of you interested but not tracking changes @
https://github.com/jpoet/HauppaugeUSB , a few HDMI related issues have been
fixed:

   - Interlaced fields are now in the correct order
   - AC3 codec works

My first generation HD-PVR devices finally bit the dust, so I have put my
Colossus2 and HD-PVR2 into production.  Picture quality is better, and
reliability is higher.  The very first time I try to capture after a
reboot, it almost always fails, but after that, the captures are solid.

MythTV master (which will be v30 by the end of January) has some
improvements in the API used to communicate with "external" recorders.  It
is working very well for me.

John