[mythtv-users] new drive, same problem

Will Dormann wdormann at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 18:36:06 UTC 2018

On 12/20/18 7:33 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> What is your motherboard?  There are known bugs in the device drivers
> for old Nvidia motherboards that make some drives do bad things - I
> have an old Nvidia board where my Samsung 1 Tbyte drive will not work
> - I have to run if from a PCIe SATA port.  I bisected the kernel and
> reported the changes that caused this, but to date it has not been
> fixed.

Interesting.   I had a problem with my old nVidia ION system (nVidia
MCP79) where I'd get bus errors with a SanDisk SSD.  I ended up swapping
it with another manufacturer's drive, and it seemed to be OK.  At this
point, I blamed it on the drive being defective.

The system in question has since been retired, so I probably shouldn't
care.  But I'm curious if you have any more details about this bug.

-WD