[mythtv-users] delaying backend startup until the network is up

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 15:48:48 UTC 2018

Thanks to all for the information and help.  I just finished converting
my production system over to use the external recorder,
mythhdhrrecorder. I setup 2 XMLTV databases, one for all my OTA channels
and one removing a channel that can't be received by the HDHR Quatro.

I used the PDF that Gary linked on the mailing list when discussing
using Premium Service from SiliconDust. I just read between the lines to
not do the premium stuff, and use 2 OTA databases.

I also decided on using the wait-until-pingable.py and
full-internet.service items discussed in the thread.

At this point I have not had to change any recording rules.  But this
time of year a lot of my TV series are in reruns, so I'll just keep an
eye on it.

Again, thanks, and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Jim A