[mythtv-users] new drive won't boot

Daryl McDonald darylangela at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 04:03:14 UTC 2018

Greetings Mythizens, I received my replacement drive from Amazon used
"rsync" to copy the files from my revived (previously "about to fail")
drive, swap the two drives and the box doesn't boot. Unswitch and it boots
fine... unmount storage2, and switch drives and the FE finds storage2
recordings (on the "rsync'd" drive) then a reboot fails. "fstab" is lookng
to mount storage1,2&3, storage directories are back to original form, all
default group, granted it doesn't take much, but I'm stumped! What do I
need to do to make this drive acceptable to my box? the first of this type
of drive worked fine, the odds of getting lemons back to back I woud
imagine to be quite high...Please help, TIA Daryl