[mythtv-users] 2 tuners, 2 antennas, 2 EPG

James Abernathy jfabernathy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 12:34:25 UTC 2018

I'm trying to understand the proper way to set this up. I have 2
antennas pointed in different directions connected to 2 HDHR tuner
boxes. However, all of the TV channels are included in the same channel
listing by Zipcode from SchedulesDirect. So updating the EPG from SD
gives me all the data, it's just needs to be separated somehow.

A crud example is tuner A gets channels 1.1, 2.1, and 3.1, while tuner B
get 10.1, 11.1, and 12.1.  Both tuners get channels 20.1, 30.1, and 40.1

I think I need 2 EPG from SD. I'm also think I need to do this by
setting Input Connections in mythtv-setup for each group of stations by
tuner.

So my confusion comes in managing the 2 list.  I'd like to not see
duplicates in the program guide on Mythfrontend or Kodi-pvr-mythtv. And
most importantly I want each channel list to keep the tuners from
recording on the wrong channels.

Using XMLTV json sqlite I can create 2 EPG databases by different name
and trim those list exactly.  I can also use Channel Editor to make
invisible any channel.

But how do I avoid duplicates in the EPG I see in Mythtv-frontend for
the channels that could be recorded by both tuners? As a side benefit,
I'd like to avoid excessive data pulls from SD.

Jim A