[mythtv-users] CrystalHD decoder with PVR-350

holla.net at gmail.com holla.net at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 09:10:28 UTC 2018

> On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 15:34:32 +0530, you wrote:
>
>> Anyone still using the combination of these two ?
>>
>> I tested in the latest 29.1 mythtv, the livetv
>> has severe ghosting. While the recordings done by pvr350
>> are fine, the livetv with the crystalhd playback
>> profile has this ghosting problem.
>>
>> I have gone back upto 0.27.x but the problem
>> is still the same.
>
> Have you also had a kernel update?  My PVR-500 card had driver
> regressions for a quite a while that made it stop working.  They were
> eventually fixed, I think, but I am no longer using it so I removed it
> a year or so ago.  The PVR-350 drivers could have the same problem.

I have tested on the 3.14/3.16/4.14 kernels and the issue
is the same.

Well,I am not even sure what to call this problem,
Here is a captured frame..

https://pasteboard.co/Hw60GWc.jpg

There is a mostly green vertical bar on the right side
which is always present.

mplayer plays the pvr-350 encoded files properly
with this command

mplayer  -vc ffmpeg2crystalhd  -vo xv  -vf scale=720:576  <recording.mpg>