[mythtv-users] XMAS 1.9 theme memory leak?

marcus hall marcus at tuells.org
Thu Dec 13 04:46:22 UTC 2018

On Thu, Dec 13, 2018 at 05:21:16PM +1300, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> It is not systemd that runs and restarts mythfrontend.  ...

Actually, I have built a systemd unit file that runs mythfrontend, so on
this system, it does.  I run directly under the X server, no window manager
involved.  Mostly because this is a dedicated system running into my
AV switcher and then into the TV.

It turns out that the 1.8 XMAS seems to be overwritten when I updated to the
1.9 version, so I can't just back up to the older version for testing.  But
I was running it for several days without any issue.  I have switched back
to the non-XMAS theme, and the system is running fine for most of the day.
It took only the morning to run out of swap space, so this looks like the
problem..  I will swap back to the 1.9 XMAS theme shortly to re-verify that
this stimulates the problem.

I could try it on a different system, but this is the only one I run in wide
mode and keep running for extended time..

marcus hall
marcus at tuells.org