[mythtv-users] 0.29 fixes - ripped DVD playback

Greg Oliver oliver.greg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 00:15:37 UTC 2018

I seem to remember someone posting about DVD playback not going to the
right seek points and bookmarks a few (maybe more) months back, but cannot
seem to find it - it was probably a comment in another thread topic I guess.

In previous versions, JYA had reworked a lot of the code to not require
commflagging videos to get the frames inserted into the DB.  This worked
well for me on most except my VC1 camcorder videos and DVDs.  I still had
to commflag them to get the proper skips and bookmark capabilities on those
videos.

With .29, even if I commflag the ripped DVDs, it is not working.  Same old
behavior - watch a DVD for an hour and create a bookmark.  Press play from
bookmark and it is now @ 35 minutes into the video, etc..  Skip backward
results in the same type of behavior.

Anyone know of a solution to this in .29?

I do not rip many DVDs any more, but there are some occasionally.

-Greg