[mythtv-users] find_orphans.py not working on current?

George Poulson george.poulson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 10:41:15 UTC 2018

On Mon, 10 Dec 2018 at 10:03, Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent at jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

anyone working with a database that has been progressively upgraded
> will still have the old 'BackendServerIP' value and find_orphans.py
> will work.  However, one of my operational databases has an IPv6
> address for 'BackendServerAddr', so just changing the name in
> find_orphans.py may not be enough - it would need to be tested to see
> if it will work with IPv6 addresses too.

I guess the 'best' resolution would be to modify the database 'SELECT'
statements (and/or associated Python) in find_orphans.py to work correctly
with all the possible combinations. Sadly I don't have the
knowledge/experience of python to be able to do this easily.

George