[mythtv-users] MythTV mysql database is MUCH slower after upgrading from Ubuntu 14.04 to 16.04

Mike Hodson mystica at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 04:03:13 UTC 2018

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018, 20:23 Will Dormann <wdormann at gmail.com wrote:

> As you can see, this query took 101.036997 seconds.
>

> Does anybody know why I'm seeing such a staggering slowdown in database
> query time?   Is is really possible that one of the tunables that I
> commented out to allow the upgrade to happen would cause such a change
> in performance?
>

> Thanks
> -WD

Hi Will,

My suggestion would be to try using mysqltuner.pl

https://github.com/major/MySQLTuner-perl

And then see what it recommends for your database setup.

Beyond this, you might need to possibly reindex or verify that you have
proper indexes.

I hope this points you at least into a forward direction,

Mike