[mythtv-users] firetvstick 4k - MythTV frontend now working for me

John Pilkington johnpilk222 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 22:01:14 UTC 2018

On 30/11/2018 15:23, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 11/30/18 7:16 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
>> Now playback of DVB-T/T2-derived content seems fine, but with a small
>> lipsync offset.  In VLC I apply -150 ms, and in other mythfrontends I
>> can adjust it via keys A or M.  Now the Edit Keys section tells me
>> that Global MENU is M or Meta+Enter.  Perhaps I need to shout at Alexa?
>
> On the fire tv there is a menu button on the remote. You need to assign
> it to global menu and assign other keys using Setup->Edit Keys
>
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Android#Remote_Control

Oh dear.  I really will try to Read The Fine Manual in future.

To add some value I tried making the sync adjustment using recordings of
BBC SD and HD test cards.  It looked as if -170 ms is about right for
both in my system.  I believe that once adjusted it is stored, and it
seems to work well with other recordings.

John
-------------

I'm not trying to turn this list into a firestick support group, but
I've been trying to find out what the new toy can do as well as being a
MythTV frontend, and mainly looking at getting access to BBC Radio
content which isn't provided, TTBOMK, by the BBC iPlayer app.

I haven't yet got any audio out of Firefox, but the Amazon/M$ Silk
browser works quite well for me on the new BBC Sounds site.  As used to
be reported with Myth live tv, here live radio stutters if not delayed
by 20 seconds, and something is at present giving a silent black screen
after 20 minutes playing time.  It can be made to restart from the same
position but does ruin the effect.  I was given, and took, the
opportunity to disable the screen saver; so now I don't see the
spectacular scenic shots either.