[mythtv-users] XOFF not followed by an XON for the ExternalRecorder

Marc Rawji mrawji at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 05:19:10 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2 Dec 2018 at 14:37 Brian J. Murrell <brian at interlinx.bc.ca> wrote:

> On Sat, 2018-12-01 at 22:54 -0800, Marc Rawji wrote:
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > I've had a working ExternalRecorder for a while. I recently upgraded
> > to the
> > latest fixes/29. I am getting an XOFF, but not followed by an XON.
>
> You should search before you post.  :-)
>
> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2018-November/398177.html
>
> And to solve (or rather, work-around) it:
>
> http://lists.mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2018-November/398260.html
>
> Cheers,
> b.

I did search. The first thread ends with "move to API v2" because of the
sequence validation. I looked at the code and don't quite understand how
that could be related because my commands aren't falling out of sync (I've
seen that as well and coded around it).

The workaround isn't a workaround. If I am reading it right, it basically
ignores the original recording, kicks off another ffmpeg to grab the HLS
stream and then overwrites the MythTv one.

My scenario fails about 10-20% of the time, so that doesn't seem like a
great workaround, unless i force my recorder to fail all the time and then
just use your workaround, but I'd rather work with John and get it fixed
for everyone.

Marc