[mythtv-users] Scaning videos still

James Linder jam at tigger.ws
Sat Dec 1 02:17:21 UTC 2018

> On 1 Dec 2018, at 8:22 am, Roger Siddons <dizygotheca at ntlworld.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, 30 Nov 2018 19:14:39 +0800
> James Linder <jam at tigger.ws> wrote:
>
>> I’v not looked at the src to see how elaborate the hash is to I redid
>> as an mp4 After scan there it was not
>>

> A transcoded video should have a different hash.
>
>> I’ll revert to John suggestion of scanning an empty folder, then
>> rescan the video folder, but that trick (which works well) unleashes
>> a hell fire of [image not found] message boxes, that takes ages to
>> resolve: mythfilldatabase fixes 3/4 of the errors, time mostly fixes
>> the rest (I still get some display-locked-and-scrolling)
>>

> Sounds like you've got directory paths in Video Settings and a Video
> Storage group pointing to the same files.
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Frontend#General_Settings
>
> The latter superseded the former and they can interfere with each other:
> IIRC it scans the files twice but produces different image paths.
>
> If so, then use the storage group and clear out the Video Settings
> directory.
>
> A frontend log of a video scan with "-v file --loglevel debug" should
> be informative.
>
> Probably useful to disable the metadata updates until you've got the
> scan working properly
> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring_Frontend#Metadata_Settings

Roger thank you so!
The wiki is contanimated with blurb dealing with earlier versions of myth and trying to get a clean way sorted is rather hard without guidence.
Indeed I do have multiple directotories to a single path.
Doubly confusing *sometimes* (not often) after a scan a folder or a file carries a picture (in the case of a folder it is the image of a file in the folder.

James