[mythtv-users] My 15 year anniversary

Michael mythtv at blandford.net
Thu Aug 30 18:07:42 UTC 2018

On 08/30/2018 10:48 AM, Jim wrote:
> On 8/30/2018 1:02 PM, Michael wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I was looking around at my statistics in mythtv today and realized it
>> was my 15 year anniversary.
>>
>> Number of shows: 907
>> Number of episodes: 18157
>> First recording: Friday August 29th, 2003
>> Last recording: Wednesday August 29th, 2018
>> Total Running Time: 15 years 7 hrs 13 mins
>> Total Recorded: 1 year 9 months 22 days 11 hrs 54 mins
>> Percent of time spent recording: 12%
>>
>> It is hard to believe how much mythtv has changed my and my family's
>> TV viewing habits.
>>
>> I just want to thank all of the developers who have continued to make
>> this a great project.
>>
>> Michael
>>
> Congrats Michael!!!
> and I totally agree on the THANKS to all of the developers! You guys
> rock!
>
> My stats
> Number of shows: 3998
> Number of episodes: 51157
> First recording: Friday June 12th, 2009
> Last recording: Thursday August 30th, 2018
> Total Running Time: 9 years 2 months 17 days 16 hrs 43 mins
> Total Recorded: 5 years 26 days 25 mins
> Percent of time spent recording: 55%

Wow, you clearly record a LOT more than me :)

To me, the most amazing part is that I never had to start over with a
new database.

I have continually upgraded Fedora releases over the years and never had
significant issues.   I don't think I have any other application running
where I didn't just scrap and start over at some point.

Michael